21 Dec 2015 FREE Talent Bank open event to recruit next the generation of health, science and research workers in Swansea
THE Talent Bank is holding a FREE open day in the new year – to help recruit the next generation of the medical, health, research and science workforce.
Swansea’s Talent Bank has been set up by Gower College Swansea under the ARCH Programme. ARCH (A Regional Collaboration for Health) is a unique collaboration project between Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board, Hywel Dda University Health Board and Swansea University.
The project which has three key aims:
- To create a healthcare system fit for the 21st Century
- To drive investment and create jobs to boost economy of South West Wales
- To skill up the next generation of clinicians, researchers, academics, innovators and leaders
As part of the programme the Talent Bank was set up as a new and innovative education facility for 16 year olds specialising in medicine, health and science technologies located at Swansea University, adjacent to Singleton Hospital.
The Talent Bank will open to 100 learners in September 2016. To find out more about the Talent Bank there is a free open day being held on Wednesday 13th January between 5pm-7pm at Swansea University and February 13th.
Potential learners will have the opportunity to attend the industry-orientated learning facility and find out more about the training.
Talent Bank learners will benefit from:
- Real industry challenges which will give them experience with local and global employers whilst gaining A-levels or Technical qualifications
- Prepare learners for careers in medicine, health and science
- Work with employers and specialist academics to put learning into practice and develop industry standard competencies for tomorrow’s world of work
- Learn with the latest technology in purpose built facilities as well as accessing those of the university and local health boards
- Hands on learning through work placements within the NHS
- Courses designed and led by industry ensuring you develop the transferable skills they need to ensure you can access high quality employment opportunities in the future
Talent Bank Open Event
Swansea University, Singleton Park, United Kingdom
Wed, 13 Jan 2016 at 17:00
For further information:
ARCH Communications Manager
Tel: 01639 683672